Fertility treatment gives you the opportunity to experience pregnancy and a much wanted child.
Fertility treatment means medical technology which helps women to conceive a child. There are various types of medical techniques, which include:
- In vitro fertilisation (IVF): A woman's eggs and a man's sperm are put together to fertilize in a laboratory outside the woman's body
- Intra-cytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI): A single sperm is medically injected into a woman's egg in a laboratory outside the woman's body
- Intrauterine insemination (IUI): This separates fast moving sperm from slow or non-moving sperm. The fast moving sperm are then medically placed in the woman's womb at the time of ovulation.
- Donor insemination (DI): The use of donor sperm which is medically placed inside a woman's body (vagina or uterus) to achieve a pregnancy.
We assist you in understanding the law and legal implications associated with your fertility treatment so you can provide written informed consent and comply with evolving law and policy.
How we can help
Obtain personal expert legal advice to understand the wide ranging issues of fertility treatment and assisted conception. We share your wish for a successful pregnancy and family and we advise on:
- sperm donation in the UK and abroad
- egg donation the UK and abroad
- fertility at a UK licenced fertility clinic or abroad
- surrogacy law in the UK
- posthumous conception
- embryo donation
- inter-family donation
Find out more about fertility and family law in the UK in our resource hub.
Gain an understanding of wider issues in the development of and current issues surrounding fertility, children and family law in the UK and internationally. Click here to visit our Media and Publications section.
Arrange an appointment with Louisa Ghevaert, Partner and Head of the Fertility and Parenting Team at Michelmores: email email@example.com or telephone +44(0)207 7886382.