Embryo donation is available when people have completed fertility treatment and have surplus embryos or cannot use them in their own treatment.
Embryo donation can enable you to have a much wanted child if you have experienced:
- unexplained or secondary infertility
- cancer or medical issues
- the menopause
It is very important to understand all of the legal and wider issues attached to embryo donation as these are individual to every circumstance.
How we can help
We appreciate assisted conception and the use of donated gametes and embryos is a big decision. It requires careful thought and consideration of legal, practical, financial and emotional issues to successfully navigate your journey to parenthood and beyond.
We provide reassuring expert sensitive legal advice on:
- legal parenthood for a child
- parental responsibility for a child
- legal risk analysis in your situation
- financial provision for a child
- fertility law in the UK
- donor conception in the UK
- resolution of a dispute about arrangements for a child
- managing relationship breakdown and family law
- preparation of specialist 'Family Proof' Wills
To find out more about our legal services click here.
Gain an understanding of wider issues in the development of and current issues surrounding fertility, donation and family law in the UK and internationally. Click here to visit our Media and Publications section.
Find out more about assisted conception and family law in the UK in our resource hub.
Arrange an introductory meeting with Louisa Ghevaert, Partner and Head of the Fertility and Parenting Team at Michelmores: email email@example.com or telephone +44(0)207 7886382.