There are many reasons to consider assisted conception with donor eggs, including:
- no ovaries or they have been removed
- eggs are low quality and unlikely to achieve a successful conception
- at risk of passing on a medical condition to your child
- undergone cancer treatment adversely affecting your ovaries
- experienced recurrent miscarriages
Egg donation can enable you to have a much wanted child and experience pregnancy first-hand.
How we can help
We are experienced fertility lawyers and advise on viable legal solutions to achieve your goals of a successful pregnancy, much wanted child and positive family life. We sensitively raise awareness, identifying issues to facilitate constructive discussions to make informed decisions. We are empathetic and take time to listen to your needs and wishes, aligning your expectations into practical legal outcomes.
We provide understanding expert supportive legal advice on:
- acquisition of legal parenthood for a child
- acquisition of parental responsibility for a child
- care and upbringing of a child
- legal risk analysis in your situation
- financial provision for a child
- fertility law in the UK
- donor conception in the UK
- surrogacy law in the UK
- resolution of a dispute about arrangements for a child
- managing relationship breakdown and family law
- preparation of specialist 'Family Proof' Wills
To find out more about our legal services click here.
To gain an understanding of wider issues in the development of and current issues surrounding fertility, egg donation, donor conception and family law in the UK and internationally click here to visit our Media and Publications section.
You can also find out more about assisted conception and family law in the UK in our resource hub.
If you would like to discuss your situation and arrange an introductory meeting please contact Louisa Ghevaert, Partner and Head of the Fertility and Parenting Team at Michelmores, by email email@example.com or call +44(0)207 7886382.