Family life is central to many people's lives. Whatever your circumstances we sensitively raise awareness, identify issues and empower you to make informed decisions.
Expert legal advice from us gives you options on your route to parenthood to secure quality family life.
Building your family can involve many different methods. Click the links below for more information about parenthood, legal status and rights for children (including parental responsibility, child arrangements orders, specific issue and prohibited steps orders, guardianship, financial provision for a child, adoption, donor conception, co-parenting, known donation, surrogacy and adoption)
How we can help you
Whatever your background, situation or future plans, we provide cutting edge legal advice to: parents, extended family members, those in alternative family structures, families created through assisted conception, individuals experiencing relationship breakdown and individuals with international connections and lifestyles.
We provide confidential and incisive expert legal advice on:
- arrangements for care and upbringing of a child (pre-conception, at birth and throughout childhood)
- acquisition and protection of legal parenthood (e.g. to protect non birth lesbian mothers, co-parents, solo mothers and fathers, same-sex couples, intended parents through surrogacy)
- acquisition and operation of parental responsibility
- managing arrangements for children following relationship breakdown
- financial provision for a child
- application for a parental order following surrogacy
- content and preparation of a known donor agreement
- content and preparation of a co-parenting agreement
- an application for an adoption order
- preparation of specialist "family proof" wills
Arrange a meeting with Louisa Ghevaert, Partner and Head of the Fertility and Parenting Team at Michelmores: email email@example.com or telephone +44(0)207 7886382.