Elderly & Vulnerable Legal Care
The Michelmores Senior and Vulnerable Client Services team offer a complete range of administrative, taxation and legal services, designed to provide reassurance and to make your life a little easier.
What we offer
Client Management Services
We pride ourselves on providing a friendly, easily accessible service to our clients in need of a helping hand. Each client is allocated a dedicated member of the team who will visit them in their own home. Here are some examples of how we may be able to assist you:
- Dealing with the registration of your Lasting Power of Attorney with all financial organisations to include your bank, pension providers and investment managers
- Management of financial affairs including settlement of utility and other bills as required; payment of care fees if/when necessary
- Providing assistance with general queries ranging from dealing with correspondence; recommending reputable third parties i.e. local plumber/ electrician; setting up a postal re-direction service to our office with the objective of reducing junk mail and relieving stress
- Co-ordinating and providing individual and bespoke home care packages to ensure clients maintain full independence over their affairs for as long as possible whilst still living at home
- Liaising with care providers who are highly rated by the Care Quality Commission; you will have complete peace of mind that the service you receive will be tailored to meet your individual requirements
- Providing guidance and support in the event of long term/respite care and making the transition into a nursing/residential home as smooth as possible
We have an in-house tax team who can provide a bespoke service tailored to your needs. We can advise you on how best to structure and deal with your assets, to ensure that you or your family do not suffer unnecessary taxation.
We offer a complete range of legal advice and assistance, including:
- Inheritance tax advice planning gifts to family, succession planning and wealth structuring
- Advice in respect of attorneyships, including preparation of Lasting Powers of Attorney and advice to attorneys when making arrangements and discharging their duties in accordance with the Mental Capacity Act 2005
- Preparation of wills and related papers, covering wealth protection for beneficiaries
- Advice in respect of deputyships, including applications to the Court of Protection, and advice and support to deputies when carrying out their duties and completion of court records
- Trust advice, covering the full range of trusts from family arrangements through estate planning, and on to offshore trusts and related tax issues ensuring asset protection
- Taking appointments as attorney, deputy or professional trustee, acting as an independent third party in delicate situations and offering efficient compliance with all necessary legal and tax formalities
How does it work?
You will be dealt with personally by a small, partner led team based in our Exeter office. We are always available to meet with you in your home and you will have direct phone numbers for each member of the team. Building a long, lasting relationship founded on trust and delivering an exceptional client service is our priority.
We offer different levels of service which vary depending on the complexity of your affairs and your needs. For your convenience our fees are typically paid on a monthly basis but where ad-hoc or specialist pieces of work are required we will always quote and invoice for this work separately. All fees will be discussed and agreed in writing with you before commencement of any work.
Our priority is to deliver an exceptional service and we aim to do this alongside a straightforward fee structure, providing value for money.
For more information on our service or to obtain a quote, please do not hesitate to contact any one of the team.