Prior to joining Michelmores, Yuliya was a Family Law Paralegal in a national law firm for three years before commencing her training contract and qualifying as a Family Solicitor in March 2020. Yuliya has experience in financial disputes arising from divorce, disputes involving children, domestic abuse, and enforcement and implementation of final orders. Yuliya also has experience in international family law including but not limited to cases involving international child abduction, enforcement of foreign orders in England and Wales, and financial disputes involving foreign assets.
- Advising on financial aspects of divorce including high net-worth cases.
- Advising on cases involving a cross-border element, including registering foreign orders in England and Wales and English Orders in other jurisdictions, issuing urgent divorce petitions to secure jurisdiction, enforcement of international child maintenance orders.
- Drafting applications for legal services orders in respect of financial remedy proceedings and for cost allowance orders in relation to Children Act proceedings.
- Advising clients in respect of domestic violence and making applications for non-molestation and occupation orders.
- Dealing with cases involving applications made on behalf of the children under Schedule 1 of the Children Act 1989.
- Successfully advising clients in relation to enforcement and implementation of final orders, even those made over 20 years ago.
- Advising clients in relation to children matters including seeking an appointment of a Guardian and other professionals to represent the interest of the children, cases involving change of residence, enforcement of the Children Act orders and variation of previous orders.
- Advising in respect of variation of spousal maintenance and in relation to termination of joint lives maintenance orders.
- Advising a client in respect of an international child abduction and making applications in the High Court to secure orders for the children's return.