I really can’t thank you enough! The more times I’ve reluctantly asked you for help with this particular problem, the more I appreciate the thoroughness and quality of your work over the years that you’ve been involved in my various roles. I really am terribly grateful to you.
Former MD, Regional Airport
Tom is the senior solicitor in the Real Estate team, having joined Michelmores when newly qualified in 2004.
He has broad experience of general commercial property work, from asset management and lettings to development agreements and secured lending. He also has expertise in more specialist areas such as telecoms, energy & renewables, mining, and personal pension funds (SIPP / SSAS).
Tom has acted for Exeter Airport in connection with their estates management work, and development projects, since 2007.
He is a member of our Energy team, and has acted on renewable energy deals in the south-west and beyond.
Outside work, Tom is a keen microlight pilot and attempts to keep a classic MG B on the road.
- Advising the Forestry Commission on template telecoms mast lease agreements for roll-out across England
- Acting for Balfour Beatty Investments on the property aspects of their sale of Exeter Airport to Rigby Group plc
- Advising a Cornish landed estate on the grant of a 20MW solar park lease with a development value of over £20 million
- Advising Dorset County Council and Llechwedd on the grant of quarry leases for Portland stone and North Welsh slate respectively
- Acting for Cornwall Council on sale of Bodmin Business Centre
- Advising on an agreement for lease for a new-build Police and Air Ambulance helicopter facility