"She is very easy to work with and listens well. She really gets down into the details, and knows the rules inside and out."
Chambers UK 2022
"Sara Chisholm-Batten is an extremely thorough and methodical lawyer who can distil difficult concepts into practical advice"
Legal 500 2022
"Very energetic and incredibly responsive to clients"
"She is very efficient, with good judgement on both legal and commercial issues."
"Strong on the detail"
"She's good at co-ordinating and keeping everyone informed and keeping the process running."
- Securing a worldwide asset freezing injunction (with a value of over £23 million) against an individual in a high profile, reported case on behalf of a UK government agency;
- Acting for a UK domiciled client and trust beneficiary, defending a multi-million dollar tracing claim brought by a third party based in Kazakhstan. The case spanned multiple off shore jurisdictions;
- Recovering over US$8 million for a major US Satellite Communications company in a dispute with a Nigerian entity;
- Successfully defending and settling a £30 million partnership dispute;
- Advising, in parallel with lawyers in the local jurisdiction, on a variety of disputes involving off shore corporate and trust structures, including proprietary claims for breach of trust;
- Attending negotiations, over a period of several years, of the new Hague Convention of 2 July 2019 on the Recognition and Enforcement of Foreign Judgments in Civil or Commercial Matters, as an observer for the International Bar Association.