"The Michelmores team is regarded as best for our UK property work. Sally and her team provide us with a responsive and high quality service, and work hard to ensure that timescales are met".
Notable practitioner - Chambers and Partners 2021 - Banking and Finance
Having originally qualified in Scotland, Sally has practised law in the South West since 1998. She is recognised by independent legal directory, Chambers and Partners, as a notable practitioner.
Since joining Michelmores in 2003, Sally has undertaken work for a wide range of public and private sector clients including central Government departments, non-departmental public bodies, major UK clearing banks, alternative lenders, private banks, offshore lenders, local authorities and LEPs. She also advises in relation to sales by receivers and trustees in bankruptcy.
Sally acts for major UK banks and offshore banks in relation to secured lending transactions within the investment, education and care sectors.
Her work with local authority clients ranges from transactions involving school land to regeneration schemes within the framework of EU procurement.
- Acting for an offshore lender in relation to a £25 million facility secured on an industrial site. Sally's knowledge of the bank's specific requirements enabled Sally and her team to ensure that the transaction proceeded within the timescale
- Acting for a local authority as the accountable body of a LEP in relation to the Growing Places Fund, including negotiation of funding agreements, undertaking due diligence and completing security arrangements for a number of projects. Sally's close working relationship with the client's project team, her understanding of private sector recipients of funding and the expertise of the Michelmores team in such issues as subsidy control; ensured that the funding for a range of projects has been delivered and secured.
- Acting for a lender in relation to a £4.5 million facility secured on a multi let investment property. The timescale for the transaction was short and involved reviewing and reporting on 38 commercial leases
- Advising a lender in relation to standard form documents to be used to secure loans to developers and thereafter acting for the lender in relation to a number of loans.
- Acting for a Receiver in relation to disposals of newly completed residential properties and subsequent transfer of common areas to a newly created management company.