"He has exemplary knowledge and understanding of insolvency law and provides advice of the highest quality."
Chambers and Partners 2020
"Level headed and commercial."
"Highly capable in all areas of insolvency law."
Legal 500 2016
"He provides well-considered advice and is highly commercial"
"Very enthusiastic and very cost-effective."
"Very safe pair of hands and a very sound practitioner"
"Well rehearsed in bank finance structuring."
Legal 500 2013
Sacha is a Partner in the Banking, Restructuring & Insolvency team and a member of the Firm's International Trust Advisory Group.
He has over 20 years' experience as a specialist insolvency and restructuring solicitor.
Sacha deals with all types of restructuring and insolvency issues, including business and asset sales by office holders, antecedent transaction advice and recovery, and all aspects of appointment holders' duties, powers and responsibilities.
Sacha advises on the full range of insolvency procedures from administrations through to complex individual voluntary arrangements and bankruptcy. He advises both insolvency practitioners and directors, companies and other stakeholders. In addition, Sacha advises high-net-worth individuals, trust funds and corporates in relation to financial distress, pre-emptive structuring and contingency planning.
Sacha has advised office holders generally (including KPMG, PwC, BDO, Duff & Phelps and FRP Advisory) in relation to many matters including business and asset sales including by way of pre-pack; realisations by trustees in bankruptcy; directors' duties; extensions and exits from administrations; recovery of significant and complex book debts; and misfeasance proceedings against directors.
- Advising the trustee in bankruptcy of a high-profile former football club director and owner. The team assisted the petitioning creditor in relation to a debt in excess of £20m. To date Sacha has advised in relation to ongoing investigations, including assets in various overseas jurisdictions. Having been instructed by the petitioning creditor from the outset of the football club's administration, Sacha has an in-depth knowledge and understanding of the issues surrounding the collapse of the club and the resultant financial position of the owner.
- Advising the administrators of an international group of renewable energy companies. The parent company was incorporated in Jersey, with its centre of main interests in the UK. The operational companies were situated in Chile. There are also companies within the group registered in Guernsey and Singapore and aspects were subject to the law of the State of New York. It was therefore necessary to call on the Firm's wide network of international advisors. Ultimately we concluded a $multi-million sale of the parent company's shares. Led by Sacha, the team was able to draw upon the high level of expertise and experience within the Firm in the energy and renewables sector to provide invaluable commercial insight.
- Acting for and advising the administrators of an online financial services gaming company. The instruction involved dealing with the appointment, advising in relation to initial trading, and advising in relation to the subsequent marketing of the business. Critical issues involved advising in relation to regulatory matters together with asset realisation.
- Acting for the trustee in bankruptcy of a former high-net-worth individual involved in the oil industry. Issues involving several property realisations, and a complicated settlement with creditors were involved.
- Advising numerous individuals with £multimillion debts based overseas in relation to English bankruptcy and IVA procedures.
- Acting for the liquidators of a significant pharmaceutical group in relation to legal proceedings against former directors and shareholders. Claims related to a complex restructuring plan instigated by the former directors and included allegations of breach of duty and misfeasance, undervalue transactions and transactions defrauding creditors. The claims were successfully concluded following meditation.