Rob is a Newly Qualified Solicitor in the Agricultural Property Litigation team based in Bristol.
He joined Michelmores in 2016 as a trainee Solicitor and completed seats with the Banking, Restructuring & Insolvency team, Commercial Litigation team and Non-Contentious Agricultural Property team.
Rob specialises in dispute resolution, mainly involving businesses and individuals in the agricultural sector; including contractual and commercial disputes, property disputes, professional negligence claims and landlord and tenant disputes. His experience also includes dealing with insolvency issues, especially fixed-charge receivership in relation to which he had advised lenders, receivers and landowners.
His work also involves dealing with public law issues such as public rights of way, planning enforcement and statutory nuisance.
Rob studied History at Cardiff University before studying his Graduate Diploma in Law, where he was awarded a distinction. He then worked as a Paralegal at Hugh James Solicitors before completing his LPC/LLM in Professional Legal Practice at the University of Law, Bristol, where he was also awarded a distinction.
- Assisting a borrower in a multi-million pound claim against fixed charge receivers
- Advising a number of landed estates in relation to public rights of way applications
- Appointing receivers over multiple properties on behalf of a lender client and advising receivers on the conduct of the receiverships
- Challenging a noise nuisance abatement notice
- Defending a forfeiture application
- Assisting with an Agricultural Holdings succession dispute
- Presenting and defending various bankruptcy petitions