"Has a clear understanding of retail financial services and, in particular, issues relating to platforms. He is considered to be very accessible for clients."
Chambers & Partners 2012
Philip is Head of the Risk & Compliance team.
Philip qualified in 1987, and is a specialist financial services Lawyer who has been advising UK and international businesses in the sector for more than 15 years.
Philip specialises in trouble-shooting FCA regulatory issues that affect financial services product providers, distributors and intermediaries in their day to day business and in corporate transactions or restructuring.
Philip is also noted as a lawyer 'making waves' in financial circles by New Model Advisor.
- Advising an intermediary business on how to handle suspected financial crime of a former employed adviser.
- Drafting insurance product literature for a Friendly Society.
- Advising on novation of a sponsorship agreement relating to an OEIC.
- Representing an approved person under investigation by the FCA.
- Advising an overseas bank on MCOB issues arising from lending to UK borrowers.
- Drafting client agreements for Forex, investment management and CFD businesses.