Peter is a Partner in the London office, and Head of International.
Prior to joining Michelmores, Peter was a senior partner in the Commercial Litigation team of Nabarro for 27 years.
Peter specialises in commercial litigation, handling a wide variety of corporate and commercial litigation, including banking and insolvency disputes.
He has particular expertise in acting on complex disputes with an international element.
Peter has been a member of the International Bar Association (IBA) for 24 years, and is Chair of the Senior Lawyers Committee of the IBA.
Peter is Honorary Lawyer to the Lord's Taverners.
- Advising and representing Ticketus (major creditors of Glasgow Rangers FC) in connection with a variety of matters arising out of the financial collapse of that football club, including bringing proceedings against Craig Whyte, who had acquired control of the club, and obtaining a substantial summary judgment against him (reported in 2013 EWHC 4069 (Ch))
- Advising and representing claimants in a substantial breach of trust claim over the sale of a holding in a family company resulting in a significantly improved return to the beneficiaries following a mediation.
- Representing an Israeli company in a multi-jurisdictional commercial contractual dispute with a US group.
- Advising a German bank in a claim against a UK Bank in relation to the mis-selling of CDOs.
- Representing a Saudi individual in defending a US$multi-billion claim brought by the liquidators of BCCI.
- Advising and representing an international bank in connection with a substantial fraud within their London branch.