"Patrick is great to have on your side in complex structured commercial real estate transactions; A solutions creator, excellent at analysing asset risk and resolving to a consensus in a timely way; Patrick is my go to real estate partner in the City"
Patrick is a partner in the London office.
Patrick joined Michelmores in 2015. He was previously General Counsel for Lend Lease EMEA and has over 30 years' experience in commercial property – nearly 20 of them as a Partner at Dechert, formerly Titmuss Sainer & Webb.
Patrick has been a development lawyer for many years and has particular experience of large mixed-use redevelopment and urban regeneration. He represents clients using, occupying, developing and constructing both commercial and residential real estate. He has also acted on the property aspects of loans on major city properties and for one of the rating agencies in CMBS transactions.
As a former General Counsel, Patrick is especially interested in the issues facing General Counsel and internal legal teams, both in managing risk, ensuring consistency of approach and the relationship with external lawyers. He understands governance and the importance and difficulty of regulatory and compliance issues.
He is now also head of Retirement Housing at Michelmores and has written extensively on the issues facing this growing sector.
"As Managing Director of Sears Property Developments and then of Helical Retail, I have worked closely with Patrick on over 100 commercial development projects of between £1M and £100M completed value throughout the UK over a twenty year period. His sense of loyalty, commitment and professionalism is unparalleled. He is a joy to work with and when things get tough, he is the lawyer you want advising you! He is exceptional and a tremendous example to young, ambitious, talented lawyers". - Jim Kelly
- Currently acting on the commercial lettings, site set up and estate management in relation to the redevelopment of The Ram Brewery, Wandsworth.
- Acting as principal internal legal adviser in relation to the £1.26 bn Athletes village in support of the 2012 Olympics;
- Acting in similar capacity on the £1.5 bn regeneration of the Elephant & Castle;
- Advising on the consolidation and divestment of major parts of the Lend Lease European Operation;
- The management and oversight of various high profile and complex litigation, including the Bluewater litigation in the Court of Appeal;
- Lead partner on developments at Norwich Retail Park, Captain Cook Square Middlesbrough, Cattle Market Leicester and Trinity Square Nottingham.