"Nathaniel Lane is ‘exceptional and always provides responses to questions in quick-time and real depth’" Legal 500 UK 2019
Nathaniel is an Associate in the Technology & Innovation team in the London office.
He has experience in advising suppliers and both private and public sector end-user clients in the ICT, e-commerce and financial services sectors.
Nathaniel's experience includes acting in relation to large scale ICT projects, outsourcings, standard supply terms and conditions and service level agreements, software licensing, website development, hosting and terms and conditions. He also has advisory and transactional experience regarding data protection and freedom of information issues.
He holds the ISEB Certificate in Data Protection.
Nathaniel is an accomplished long distance runner, and has medalled in the Commonwealth Ultra Distance and World University Cross Country Championships.
- Advising various national police forces on the procurement of operationally critical information technology and / or contract management of various key IT contracts (including complex contract disputes).
- Operational lead in relation to Surrey County Council's £120M+ Unified Communications Over Regional Networks (UNICORN) project for WAN, LAN and/or Voice Communications services and support arrangements to the public and third sector in Surrey, Berkshire and the immediate proximity.
- Advising a range of UK and international clients on GDPR preparation, documentation and general compliance advice.
- Acting for Landmark Information Group and Searchflow (part of Daily Mail and General Trust plc) in relation to a wide range of its upstream and downstream contracts.
- Acting for a leading cybersecurity company in their provision of managed cyber threat detection services to FTSE 100 and global companies.
- Acting for seven local authorities who successfully demonstrated to the Information Commissioners Office that they correctly applied the relevant Freedom of Information Act exemptions regarding one of England's largest and most advanced BDUK superfast broadband projects.