Martin is a Solicitor in the Banking, Restructuring & Insolvency team. He obtained a degree in English from Cambridge University, undertaking the GDL at BPP London Waterloo and the LPC at the University of the West of England.
He qualified in 2018 having completed his training at Michelmores. He advises on corporate and personal insolvency, restructuring and debt finance. Recent work includes:
- trading and non-trading administrations with contentious components;
- the distressed sale of Bullitt Group;
- a multi-million USD and GBP financing in England and Nigeria;
- assisting with advice to boards of directors of, among others, Stobart, the Fairhold group and several household-name retailers;
- acting for lenders and borrowers in various origination and variation transactions; and
- advising stakeholders including banks, funds, investors, developers and insolvency practitioners.
Martin is a member of the Turnaround Market Association NextGen section. He is on the Michelmores London charity committee and a newly qualified solicitor liaison.