"Lorraine Jeffery is building a strong reputation as a senior associate handling high-value private client disputes. (She) is said to be "efficient and good to work with," as well as being "focused, careful, a good team player and great on the detail." - Chambers and Partners High Net Worth 2020
"A fellow lawyer says she is "really good; she is all over the detail, she is pragmatic and good with clients." Another market commentator adds that "she knows the cases inside out and is very on top of the law."" - Chambers & Partners High Net Worth 2019
Lorraine Jeffery is ‘able to marshal complex facts in a case and then produce a solid analysis of the potential problems’. - Legal 500 2019
Lorraine is recognised as "One to Watch" by Private Client Global Elite (2017 – 2021), an "Associate to Watch" by Chambers & Partners High Net Worth 2019 & 2020 and as a "Next Generation Lawyer / Rising Star" by Legal 500 2018 to 2020.
Lorraine is a Partner specialising in resolving disputes arising from wills, estate administrations and trusts. Her practice also includes proprietary estoppel claims, capacity disputes involving the Court of Protection and claims to recover lifetime gifts.
Her cases frequently have a cross-border or international element and she has experience in cases involving Jersey, Guernsey, Isle of Man, BVI, Nevis and Hong Kong, among others.
Clients include trustees, executors, beneficiaries, financial institutions, charities, attorneys and deputies.
Lorraine is a Legal 500 Next Generation Partner.
- Advising trustees on the recovery of an art collection from beneficiaries;
- Acting on behalf of a cohabitee, whose partner died intestate, to secure a financial settlement under the Inheritance Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975.
- Advising charitable trustees on a dispute arising in connection with the Settled Land Act 1925.
- Advising executors on a potential dispute arising from rent due to the estate by a beneficiary.
- Advising on an application to vary a trust under the Variation of Trusts Act, 1958.