Katie is a solicitor in the Banking, Restructuring and Insolvency team, based in London.
Experienced in domestic and international finance transactions, restructuring and corporate insolvency matters. Clients include clearing banks, investment funds, corporate borrowers, impact investors active in emerging markets, insolvency practitioners and directors, companies and other stakeholders.
Katie is dual qualified as a solicitor in the jurisdictions of both Scotland and England and Wales.
- Advised Mauritius Commercial Bank in connection with existing corporate banking facilities.
- Acted for an international investment fund in connection with the refinancing of existing facilities of c. £180m relating to a hotel portfolio.
- Advised a Spanish syndicate of banks led by Banco Santander in connection with loan facilities of £20.6m.
- Advised a global non-profit organisation active in funding humanitarian organisations to promote health, education and wildlife conservation in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Advised a British university in connection with the refinance of existing banking facilities.
- Advised the Mayfair based, UK entity of a New York headquartered luxury men's fashionwear brand in relation to its restructuring and pre-pack.
- Acted on behalf of NEO Investment Partners LLP in relation to the pre-pack acquisition of London based Miller Harris, a British luxury fragrance house.
- Acted for administrators in relation to a sale of IP and related assets to Bowers & Wilkins, leaders in audio, speakers and related technology in the UK.
- Advised on the acquisition of the long-established bed manufacturer, Relyon Ltd, out of administration. The deal preserved 280 jobs and secures the future of an important British manufacturer.