Katie is a Solicitor (Qualified in Scotland) in our Corporate team in London.
Experienced in a range of corporate transactions, including M&A, private equity investment, capital markets and general corporate governance and advisory work. Clients include domestic and international companies across a range of sectors, including energy and resources, financial services and technology.
Presently internally seconded into the Banking, Restructuring and Insolvency team and involved in refinancing, secured lending, advising on CBILS facilities, restructuring and pre-pack administration.
- Advised NEO Investment Partners LLP on their pre-pack acquisition of London based Miller Harris, a British luxury fragrance house. The partnership between NEO and Miller Harris will focus on growing the brand internationally with an omni-channel approach.
- Acted for the UK entity of New York headquartered, luxury men's fashionwear brand, John Vavartos, in relation to its restructuring and pre-pack administration involving the sale of business and assets, including its Mayfair store.
- Advised Michco 2001, a new company set up by former Relyon Group Chief Executive and other private investors, on its acquisition of the long-established bed manufacturer, Relyon Ltd, out of administration. The deal has preserved 280 jobs in the region and secures the future of an important British manufacturer.
- Advised a private equity backed group of hotels in relation to the refinance of existing secured term loan facilities of circa £180 million and their entry into a Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme facility.
- Advised a British university in respect of an amendment and restatement of an existing £10 million facility agreement and their entry into a Coronavirus Large Business Interruption Loan Scheme facility.
- Advised Enotria&Coe, a leading supplier of wine and spirits, in connection with its acquisition of Gin Foundry.
- Acted for an independent, institutional equity broking and investment banking business on its acquisition by a British institutional investment bank.
- Acted for leading telecommunications, data connectivity and security services provider Magnet Networks on the disposal of its majority share in Velocity1 to long-term joint venture partner, Quintain. Through its investment in Velocity1, Magnet delivered connectivity to Quintain's Wembley Park development in London which, upon completion, will feature 5,000 homes and 1 million sq. ft. commercial office space.
- Advised one of the largest global NGO's in connection with a proposed emerging markets equity investment in microfinance banking.
- Advised the shareholders of a leading British consumer goods manufacturer in respect of their shareholder arrangements, board composition and constitutional documents.
- Advised Modern Water plc, the water technologies company seeking to provide solutions for the limited availability of fresh water and treat water waste worldwide, in respect of a placing which provided the company with further investment from existing investors.
- Advised investment bank, Corporate Finance House Group (CFH) (the wholly owned subsidiary of First National Bank Group), in connection with its acquisition of Danube Capital Partners SRL from international property development and investment group, Day Group. Michelmores advised CFH alongside local counsel Stratulat and Albulescu (Bucharest), Savills (London and Prague), Crosspoint Real Estate (Bucharest), Deloitte (Bucharest and Cyprus) and Van Kampen Lien (Luxembourg).
- Advised Mining Minerals and Metals plc on its standard listing and admission to trading on the London Stock Exchange's Main Market for listed securities.
- Advised a UK energy company in relation to its proposed admission to trading on the AIM market of the London Stock Exchange and associated placing to raise equity to fund onshore energy ventures in California.
- Acted for scientific and technical services company, Rhopoint Metrology, on its acquisition of a controlling stake in Novatron Scientific – leading specialists in the supply and calibration of precision instruments.