"Karen Williams is very charismatic, decisive and responsive. She is great at anticipating issues before they arise and works really well with others"
The Legal 500, 2021
Karen is a Partner in the Banking, Restructuring & Insolvency team.
She joined Michelmores in 2011, and is a specialist finance and insolvency lawyer, advising in connection with personal and corporate insolvency, debt restructuring transactions as well as domestic and international banking transactions.
Karen has particular experience in property related insolvency matters, regularly advising lenders and appointment takers in connection with receivership matters.
Karen has a diverse banking practice, advising clearing banks, investment funds and corporate borrowers. Her past experience includes advising in international transactions, including advising impact investment institutions making debt investments across the emerging markets.
She is recognised as a "Next Generation Partner" in The Legal 500.
Karen is a keen sports woman, and one of her many accomplishments includes taking part in the Cape Argus, the largest timed road cycle race in the world.
- Acting on behalf of international Investment Manager in connection with funding of £17m for acquisition of hotel portfolio.
- Advising social impact funds in connection with multiple secured loans to housing related charities and community renewables projects.
- Advising Ticketus LLP in connection with its claim of in excess of £27m arising out of the collapse of the Rangers Football Club Plc.
- Advising in connection with acquisition of international online retail business from administration.
- Advising and assisting in connection with the £7m restructuring of debt of an international garden machinery manufacturing and retailing business.
- Advising funds and receivers in connection with distressed development and bridging finance matters.