Josie is an Associate in the Agriculture Team.
Josie has experience acting in both an advisory role and in conducting court and tribunal proceedings. She acts for land owners and occupiers, as well as agricultural businesses.
Josie's contentious practice encompasses a broad range of work, ranging from landlord and tenant matters (both agricultural and residential), farming partnerships, contractual disputes and Common Agricultural Policy scheme issues. In addition, she advises clients in relation to real property and trust matters including adverse possession, rights of way and co-ownership disputes.
Josie is also regularly instructed on non-contentious agricultural matters and is experienced in drafting a wide variety of deeds and agreements relating to the letting of land and farming business structures.
Josie has lectured to the Central Association of Agricultural Valuers and is a member of the Property Litigation Association and the Agricultural Law Association.
- Gladman Development v Sutton (2016) High Court - contract dispute regarding an alleged promotion agreement for development of agricultural land
- Davies v Davies (2013) High Court – Proprietary Estoppel
- Peel v Coln Park LLP (2010) Court of Appeal – Case B Arbitration appeal
- Acting for a landlord in possession proceedings relating to an Assured Agricultural Occupancy on the basis of suitable alternative accommodation
- Advising in respect of succession applications and succession planning under the Agricultural Holdings Act 1986