Jonathan is a Partner in the Tax, Trusts & Succession team.
Jonathan is a member of the Society of Trusts and Estate Practitioners (STEP), the Association of Taxation Technicians (ATT) and the Chartered Institute of Taxation (CIOT). He specialises in giving advice to private individuals in order to assist them with passing wealth to the next generation in the most tax efficient way with a particular emphasis on the mitigation of Inheritance Tax and Capital Gains Tax.
He works closely with Entrepreneurs and Landowners to make use of Business Property Relief and Agricultural Property Relief and provide advice as to how the role of those reliefs can assist with succession planning. As part of this process Jonathan works closely with other professional advisors to provide a collective tax planning service.
Jonathan enjoys playing Golf, football and tennis, in between spending time with his family.
- Inheritance tax advice to Executors of an estate where the deceased died domiciled abroad
- Gift of shares in a property letting company to the next generation via the use of a trust in order to mitigate Inheritance and Capital Gains Tax
- Providing advice to Farmers and Business Owners in relation to the sale of land and how to secure Entrepreneurs' Relief on those disposals.
- Advice to non- domiciled individuals in relation to the merits of maintaining offshore trusts
- Using a client's excess income to make Inheritance Tax free gifts to the next generation
- Securing Business Property Relief for several farming estates where a proportion of the income from the farming estate came from land that was let to third parties.