Jo joined Michelmores in 2016 as a trainee Solicitor. Jo is currently sitting with the Corporate and Commercial Litigation teams in London. Her previous three seats were in Exeter in the Employment, Commercial Property and Education teams respectively.
Prior to joining Michelmores, Jo completed a Law Degree with International Study at the University of Exeter, which included a year studying at Griffith University in Australia. She achieved a First Class Honours Degree and was awarded the Deans Commendation in recognition of her academic achievement. Jo then went on to study her LPC at the University of Law, Birmingham, gaining a distinction.
Jo is a keen sportsperson and particularly enjoys swimming, skiing and netball.
- Advising on day-to-day HR queries surrounding performance, conduct, absence etc.
- Drafting employment contracts, staff handbooks and settlement agreements.
- Assisting with preparing, and thereafter attending, Employment Tribunal proceedings.
- Conducting title investigations and preparing subsequent reports on title.
- Drafting and negotiating leases and supplemental documents.
- Dealing with post-completion property matters, including SDLT elements.
- Advising on day-to-day education queries including teacher status, parental complaints, governing body issues etc.
- Supporting the creation of a new Multi Academy Trust.
- Acting on both commercial and property aspects of several academy conversions.
- Assisting with the preparation of Judicial Review proceedings relating to a school admission process.