Jo joined Michelmores in 2016 as a Trainee Solicitor. Jo is currently sitting with the Employment team, where she assists with various contentious and non-contentions matters. Jo spent her previous seats in the Commercial Property team and Education team.
Prior to Michelmores, Jo attended the University of Exeter and completed a Law Degree with International Study. As part of her degree, she spent a year at Griffith University in Queensland, Australia. She achieved a First Class Honours Degree and was awarded the Deans Commendation in recognition of her academic achievement. Jo then went on to study her LPC at the University of Law, Birmingham, gaining a distinction.
Jo is a keen sportsperson and particularly enjoys swimming, netball and diving.
- Drafting and negotiating various leases and supplemental documents (licences to alter, licences to assign, deed of surrender etc.)
- Assisting with a large scale due diligence project, involving the review and analysis of hundreds of leases
- Post-completion property matters, including SDLT elements
- Drafting turning overage and planning clawback deeds
- Supporting in the creation of a new Multi Academy Trust
- Acting on both the commercial and property aspects of numerous schools converting to academy status
- Helping draft, prepare and serve a claim for Judicial Review
- Helping draft, prepare and serve a response in relation to a claim for disability discrimination
- Conducting complex title investigations and preparing subsequent reports on title