Jo is a Solicitor in the Employment team, based in London. She provides contentious and non-contentious employment advice to both private and public sector clients. Jo has a particular interest in the Education sector and regularly advises schools and academies on policies and procedures, managing performance/ absences and restructuring processes.
Jo joined Michelmores in 2016 as a Trainee Solicitor completing seats in Employment, Education, Corporate, Commercial Litigation and Commercial Property.
Prior to joining Michelmores, Jo completed a Law Degree with International Study at the University of Exeter, which included a year studying at Griffith University in Australia. She achieved a First Class Honours Degree and was awarded the Deans Commendation in recognition of her academic achievement. Jo then went on to study her LLM LPC at the University of Law, gaining a distinction.
Jo is a keen sportsperson and particularly enjoys swimming, skiing and netball.
- Assisting with Employment Tribunal claims for private and public sector clients, representing both Claimant and Respondent.
- Drafting and advising on employment contracts, handbooks, policies and settlement agreements.
- Providing day-to-day advice on HR queries, particularly in relation to performance, conduct, absence management etc.
- Seconded to large Education sector client to advise on all aspects of employment law and support their internal HR team (particularly in relation to restructuring, disciplinary and absence management processes).
- Successfully defending a claim of constructive unfair dismissal for large retail sector client.
- Supporting with the employment aspects of an international corporate deal, undertaking employee due diligence, drafting employment provisions in transactional documents and negotiating incoming director service agreements.
- Advising on TUPE processes and attending consultation meetings with Trade Unions and employees regarding the re-brokerage of an academy.