Based in the Bristol office, Jake is an agricultural litigator specialising in a broad range of dispute resolution relating to agricultural land under the Agricultural Holdings Act 1986, claims for adverse possession of land, estoppel claims, planning disputes, professional negligence claims, partnership disputes, general contract disputes and landlord and tenant disputes. His experience also includes dealing with personal insolvency issues, agricultural banking litigation and civil costs procedure.
Jake frequently acts in disputes involved in the High Court, County Court and arbitration and has been involved in a number of cases involving the Court of Appeal.
Jake is currently studying with CILEx and is a member of the Property Litigation Association and the Agricultural Law Association.
- The Crown Estate Commissioners v Wakley  EWHC 3610 (CH) - Successfully claiming damages in the region of 1.75 million on behalf of a tenant of a large dairy holding against the landlord for breach of covenant and misrepresentation.
- Acting for a local authority as landlord in an arbitration against the tenant of a farm under Case D and E of the AHA 1986
- Achieving a successful outcome for a married couple facing possession proceedings brought by a bank whilst recovering substantial sums in damages arising from negligent lending
- Acting for an individual in a claim for professional negligence against his former planning advisers with a substantial claim for consequential loss
- Pursuing a detailed assessment on behalf of a successful litigant and recovering 88% of the individual costs back as well as obtaining an order for indemnity costs
- Recently acting for a tenant of a severely dilapidated farmhouse and successfully settling his claim at mediation for special and general damages arising from his suffering and inconvenience for the last ten years
- Aulliffe v Ellis  CC (unrep) – Successfully claiming possession of agricultural land arising from service of a Case G notice to quit. The tenant argued that service had not been effective. Judge dismissed defence and granted possession.