"Harry has been a standout lawyer to work with… incredibly practical and brings a very pragmatic approach to finding a sensible and proportionate solution to negotiating deals. Actually gives advice, rather than simply acting on the instructions of the client."
"Not only very proactive and responsive, but also very open and approachable, which has contributed to a great long-standing working relationship."
"Harry is responsive, thorough and has the ability to execute efficiently and precisely."
"Harry Trick keeps deals sailing forward with the utmost professionalism and courtesy. Excellent, attentive and pragmatic legal advice."
Harry is a Senior Associate in the Corporate team.
Harry specialises in private company mergers and acquisitions, private equity/venture capital investment, both in the UK and with a cross-border element. He has particular experience in impact investments in the developing markets, advising impact investors, private equity funds, development finance institutions, corporates, and foundations.
Harry has been named as a "Next Generation Lawyer" and a "Rising Star" in Legal 500 UK.
Corporate Finance / M&A
- Advising service management company TESM Limited on the restructuring of its global operations, followed by acting for its shareholders on the sale of TESM Limited to NYSE listed DXC Technology, one of the world's leading IT services companies
- Acting for the selling shareholders on the sale of investment management consultancy Knadel to Catalyst Development, a regulatory consultancy backed by mid-market private equity firm Livingbridge
- Acting for Mindful Chef on several rounds of fundraising, including its £6m investment by private equity firm Piper and crowdfunding rounds on the Crowdcube and Seedrs platforms
- Advising the management team on the c. £40m management buy-out of a London-headquartered construction and development group
- Advising Soros Economic Development Fund, the impact investment fund established by George Soros, on the sale of its majority stake in the Indian venture capital firm, Aspada, to LGT, the investment management company owned by the Princely House of Liechtenstein
- Advising Wetsuit Outlet on the exit of a founder shareholder and the subsequent £5m investment by Mobeus Equity Partners
- Acting for the selling shareholders on the sale of practice-branded dental administrator DPAS to specialist financial services provide, Wesleyan Group
- Advising the selling shareholders on the sale of financial planner Baigrie Davies to Standard Life plc
- Advising an investment vehicle on its multi-£m acquisition of a significant minority stake in a multi-jurisdictional e-commerce business
- Advising selling shareholders on the sale of Tods Aerospace and Defence to US private equity group AGC Aerospace and Defence
Impact Investment in the Developing Markets
- Advising Global Medical Investments on the sale of Sweden Ghana Medical Centre, a provider of premium private cancer care treatment in Ghana
- Advising BRAC International, the world's largest NGO, on the sale of a majority equity stake in its Ugandan microfinance operation in order to facilitate its transformation in to a registered bank
- Advising Bamboo Finance and DOEN Foundation on two rounds of investment into BBOXX Limited, a designer, manufacturer and distributor of solar powered battery packs in the developing markets
- Advising Sunbird Bioenergy on the acquisition of a controlling stake in a Sierra Leone bioethanol and green electricity operation from AOG
- Acting for various international Development Finance Institutions on a range of impact investments in the developing markets, including acting for Finnfund and FMO on several rounds of financing into an East African sustainable forestry group
- Acting for social impact investor AgDevCo on a number of equity investments in Sub-Saharan Africa, including its recent multi-$m project financing and equity investment into Suma Hydro Limited, a Tanzanian hydroelectric plant
- Advising two Triodos investment funds and the Bamboo Financial Inclusion Fund on their sale of a significant stake in a Mongolian banking group to several buyers, including Orix Corporation and IFC
- Acting for Pan African Housing Fund on several joint venture commercial and residential real estate investments in Sub-Saharan Africa