"Harry has been a standout lawyer to work with… incredibly practical and brings a very pragmatic approach to finding a sensible and proportionate solution to negotiating deals. Actually gives advice, rather than simply acting on the instructions of the client."
"Not only very proactive and responsive, but also very open and approachable, which has contributed to a great long-standing working relationship."
"Harry is responsive, thorough and has the ability to execute efficiently and precisely."
"Harry Trick keeps deals sailing forward with the utmost professionalism and courtesy. Excellent, attentive and pragmatic legal advice."
Harry is a Partner in the Corporate team.
Harry specialises in private company mergers and acquisitions and private equity/venture capital investment, both in the UK and with a cross-border element. He has been named as a "Next Generation Lawyer" and a "Rising Star" in Legal 500 UK.
Harry is also a member of Michelmores' Legal 500 ranked emerging markets team and has particular experience of advising on impact investments in the developing markets.
Mergers & Acquisitions
Recent experience includes advising:
- Advising Mobeus Equity Partners LLP on the sale of its VCT Fund Management business to Gresham House plc, the specialist alternative asset manager and Manager of the Baronsmead VCTs
- Mindful Chef and certain key shareholders on the sale of a majority stake in the B Corp healthy recipe box company to Nestle
- Service management company TESM Limited on the sale of TESM Limited to NYSE listed DXC Technology, one of the world's leading IT services companies
- Ocean Fish on its acquisition of a majority stake in W. Stevenson & Sons, the operator of Britain's largest beam trawl fleets.
- An international investment manager on the acquisition of a luxury hotel group.
- The management team on the c. £40m management buy-out of a national construction and development group
- The selling shareholders on the sale of investment management consultancy Knadel to Catalyst Development, a regulatory consultancy backed by private equity firm Livingbridge
- The seller on the vendor financed management buy-out of digital marketing agency, Builtvisible
- An investment vehicle on its acquisition of a majority stake in a multi-jurisdictional e-commerce business.
Venture Capital and Private Equity
Harry has extensive experience on advising a wide range of UK and international investment funds and growth companies on venture capital and private equity transactions. Recent experience includes advising:
- Novo Holdings and DSM Venturing on their Series A investments into Deep Branch Biotechnology, a UK-based carbon recycling biotechnology company
- Mindful Chef on several rounds of fundraising, including its £6m investment by private equity firm Piper and crowdfunding rounds on the Crowdcube and Seedrs platforms
- Wetsuit Outlet on the exit of a founder shareholder and subsequent £5m investment by Mobeus Equity Partners
- Foresight Williams Technology EIS Fund and DSM Venturing on their Series A investments into Additive Manufacturing Technologies Limited, a developer of post-processing machinery for 3D printed parts
- a UK automotive ecommerce company on its investment into Marketparts, the first global marketplace for after-market automotive parts
- Bamboo Finance and DOEN Foundation on two rounds of investment into BBOXX, a designer, manufacturer and distributor of solar powered battery packs in the developing markets
- DSM Venturing on its Series A financing of Phynova, an Oxford-based life sciences company that develops proprietary natural healthcare products from active compounds found in plants.
Harry is part of Michelmores' Legal 500 ranked emerging markets team and has a number of years of experience in advising impact investors, private equity funds, government-backed development finance institutions, corporates, and foundations on transactions in the developing markets. Recent experience includes advising:
- BRAC International, the world's largest NGO, on the sale of a majority equity stake in its Ugandan microfinance operation in order to facilitate its transformation in to a registered bank
- Global Medical Investments on the sale of Sweden Ghana Medical Centre, a provider of premium private cancer care treatment in Ghana
- AHL Venture Partners and DSM Venturing on their equity financing of Java Foods, a healthy food company based in Zambia
- Sunbird Bioenergy on the acquisition of a controlling stake in a Sierra Leone bioethanol and green electricity operation from AOG
- Various international Development Finance Institutions on a range of impact investments in the developing markets, including acting for Finnfund and FMO on several rounds of financing into an East African sustainable forestry group
- AgDevCo on a number of equity investments in Sub-Saharan Africa, including its project financing and equity investment into Suma Hydro, a Tanzanian hydroelectric plant
- Two Triodos investment funds and the Bamboo Financial Inclusion Fund on their sale of a significant stake in a Mongolian banking group to several buyers, including Orix Corporation and IFC
- Pan African Housing Fund on several joint venture commercial and residential real estate investments in Sub-Saharan Africa