"These are difficult times for many businesses and the faith demonstrated by investors in ours and its growth prospects is most welcome. This was a new process for us all but with the help and advice we received from Edwin and the Michelmores team it reached a speedy conclusion. All-in-all what could have been bureaucratic turned out to be relatively painless."
Melinda Kenneway, CEO of Kudos Innovations
Edwin is a Partner in the London Corporate team at Michelmores and, unusually for a solicitor, he is also a Chartered Accountant (FCA ICAEW - qualified in 1989).
He has over 25 years’ experience (including working for many years at UBS) in mergers, acquisitions and disposals, private equity and start-up, venture and development capital. He specialises in providing pragmatic, commercial legal advice to management teams, SME and mid-cap clients.
- Advising Enotria&Coe on its acquisition of Gin Foundry during "lock-down"
- Advising Kudos Innovations on its issue of convertible loan notes to investors and the Future Fund of the British Business Bank
- Advising Copper Technologies (UK) Limited, which provides institutional custody & prime brokerage for digital assets, on its $8 million Series A fundraising
- Advising Magnet Networks of Ireland on the disposal of its shareholding in Velocity1, a fibre broadband provider in Wembley Park, London
- Advising 3stepIT UK on the sale of its business and assets to a joint venture recently formed by its parent company 3 Step IT Group OY and BNP Paribas Leasing Solutions
Advising Soros Economic Development Fund, the impact investment fund established by George Soros, on the sale of its majority stake in the Indian venture capital firm, Aspada, to LGT, the investment management company owned by the Princely House of Liechtenstein
Acting for Whitman Howard and Turner Pope Investments as Placement Agents in relation to a £8.4 million placing for Reabold Resources plc (AIM)
- Acting for African Battery Metals plc (AIM) on two African cobalt-nickel acquisitions and associated placing
- Advising a Chinese fund on investments in the healthcare and related sectors
- Advising angel investors several acquisitions as part of a buy and build strategy in the hair and beauty sector
- Advising AIM quoted investment bank Arden Partners plc and Whitman Howard in relation to a £7.83 million placing (carried out as an accelerated book build) for Reabold Resources plc (AIM)
- Advising Nesta, an impact investor, on its investment in SumDog, an online teaching aid
- Advising the board of LifeSearch on a structured equity buy-back programme
- Advising the management team of a PE backed group in negotiating and settling the terms of an equity incentive plan
- Advising a fintech company on the restructuring of its shareholder base prior to IPO
- Advising CRUX on the acquisition of the Oriel funds from the Stifel group
- Advising AIM client Modern Water plc on its £1.75m placing, completed as an accelerated book build, and associated subscription
- Advising M-BIRR (Ireland and Ethiopia), a provider of mobile money transfer services, on an investment by the European Investment Bank and DEG
- Advising AIM quoted Sula Iron & Gold plc on a placing and open offer and a further subscription through Riverfort Global Capital including advising on an associated 'equity sharing' agreement
- Advising AgDevCo on its investment in a Swiss holding company, Nurevas International, a producer of high –quality processed food in Ghana
- Advising angel investors on an investment in Gooseberry Planet, an educational software business
- Advising Plant Health Care plc on its accelerated-whitewash compliant AIM placing and open offer
- Advising the management team in the Sovereign Capital backed BIMBO of logistics company, Dalepak
- Advising management and investors on a buy-out at HR tech provider Hollaroo
- Advising on the sale of leading financial planning firm Baigrie Davies, requiring FCA regulatory approval, to Standard Life's national financial planning arm, 1825 Financial Planning