"He is technically superb, has an intuitive understanding of legal issues and calmly works through even the most complex of problems."
Legal 500 2021
"Senior associate Edward Porter impresses with his knowledge, depth of thought, analytical abilities and client engagement. It is always a pleasure to work with him"
Legal 500 2020
Edward is a Partner in the Private Wealth team in the Bristol office. He won a Citywealth Regional Lawyer of the Year Award in 2016 and was named in Citywealth's 100 Future Leaders List in 2016 and 2018.
He joined Michelmores in May 2013, having trained in the South East, and moved to Bristol in 2010 to work for another well-respected private client team.
Edward undertakes a broad range of private client work, including estate planning, tax, powers of attorney and wills for wealthy individuals.
Edward also has experience of trust and probate administration and charity matters, including creating and registering charities and advising on governance.
He is a member of the Society for Trust and Estate Practitioners.
- Dealing with the settlement in trust of land qualifying for agricultural and business property relief prior to the development of that land.
- Drafting wills and documents relating to an existing life insurance trust, and liaising with the life insurance.
- Administration of an estate making numerous gifts to different charities.
- Drafting wills for clients with business and agricultural property, foreign property, and complicated family situations.
- Administration of a large estate holding various specialist items, and providing further estate planning advice for beneficiaries.