Crispin is a Senior Associate in the Real Estate team
He joined Michelmores in 2003 from the Real Estate team of City firm Richards Butler (now Reed Smith), where he trained and worked before relocating.
He has a particular focus on the Energy sector and has extensive experience in commercial landlord and tenant, investment, and asset management of commercial real estate, for developers and end users on commercial property developments and for lenders and borrowers on secured lending transactions. He also works closely with our corporate and insolvency teams on the property elements of business and share sales and acquisitions
Outside of work, Crispin is an avid rock climber and enjoys watching rugby.
- Energy – acting for a developer/operator on the property aspects of a corporate acquisition of a peaker power SPV with the benefit of existing lease and easement option agreements. Subsequently, acting on the negotiation and completion of a further easement option agreement following a variation to the gas connection route, deeds of variation to the existing option agreements, the exercise of all of the options, completion of the lease and deeds of grant to allow commencement of works and the negotiation and completion of the substation lease and DNO/GNO deeds of grant to allow the commissioning and operation of the project.
- Energy – acting for a developer/operator on the negotiation and grant of lease option agreements and easement option agreements for a number of prospective peaker power developments. A number of the sites had complex titles and title issues requiring successful resolution, mitigation or indemnity insurance to protect our client and facilitate project funding.
- Energy – acting for an operator on the property aspects of a corporate acquisition of a portfolio comprising both operational projects and prospective developments.
- Energy – acting for a developer/operator on the property aspects of the corporate acquisitions of a number of operational anaerobic digestion site projects. Each of these had complex titles and title issues requiring successful resolution, mitigation or indemnity insurance to protect our client and facilitate project funding.
- Commercial Landlord/Tenant and Asset Management - acting for a large investor-landlord since 2003 on the grant of numerous leases and renewal leases of premises at various multi-let buildings and sites across the South West, together with all related estate management work (including re-gearing).
- Commercial Development – acting for a consortium of public sector and charitable bodies on their joint sale subject to satisfactory planning of a strategic town centre site to a developer for a large residential and mixed use scheme. The site comprised a large number of titles and the transaction involved complex price adjustment and overage mechanisms.
- Commercial Development - acting for a care operator on the site acquisition and development of a multi-million pound, boutique, high-spec care home. The title and planning documents were complex and the land formed part of an old, large industrial site being developed by a major house-builder, which had to undertake crucial enabling works required to allow commencement of the care home works.