"Regardless of the working relationship, Colette always displays the same valuable characteristics - she is very bright, totally commercial, able to build strong and lasting relationships and is great fun to be around. She is a top notch professional."
Steve Lee: Aretai Consulting
Unusually for an HR Director, Colette started out life as a Chartered Accountant, having completed her Mathematics degree at the University of Bath.
Subsequently, Colette held senior HR roles at both Arthur Andersen and Deloitte, before joining Michelmores in 2007.
Colette has a Masters in Organisational and People Development from the highly regarded Roffey Park Institute. She is responsible for delivering a high quality business-focused HR function at Michelmores. She plays a vital leadership role advising on all people related opportunities integral to the firm's strategic vision.
Colette and her children live by the coast in Torbay. She enjoys running and wine tasting (not at the same time!).
- Designing and implementing a number of projects spanning talent management, career development and employee engagement. Recent projects include the design and development of our highly acclaimed Associate Academy and ongoing development of business skills training for all lawyers.
- Enhancing our performance processes to ensure greater alignment with our business strategy, as well as exploring ways in which we reward, recognise and retain critical and high potential talent.
- Providing pro-active support to our partner and broader leadership team, through a range of interventions, such as coaching, mentoring, and structured skills training.
- Designing a range of solutions spanning talent acquisition, talent development, employee experience and culture.
- Redesigning the Firm's performance processes to ensure greater alignment with business strategy and to help accelerate performance.