"I worked with Christa on a ground-breaking cross-border service agreement…I was really impressed by her professionalism, clarity in distinguishing issues to non-legal specialists, and her ability to foresee and overcome potential legal issues was not only refreshing, but also vital for the success of the project." Met Office
"Thank you Christa, for the efficiency with which you have handled this matter for us. Your attention to detail and your clear advice made my life very easy, as has the way that you have kept the matter moving forwards."
Christa is a Solicitor in the Litigation & Regulatory Disputes team in Bristol and advises on a range of commercial and regulatory disputes.
Christa joined Michelmores in 2016 as a Trainee Solicitor completing seats in the Planning & Environment, Commercial Property, Litigation and Regulatory Disputes teams. She also undertook a 6 month secondment to the Met Office, assisting their in-house legal team with a variety of commercial, employment and dispute resolution work predominantly in the aviation sector. She played a vital role in the negotiation and completion of the Heathrow Airport London contract for the Aviation team which has since received awards for its success.
Christa studied at the Johannes Keppler Universitaet Linz, Austria (first year of the Magister in Rechtswissenschaften/Law) before completing her English law degree at the University of Plymouth and the LLM (LPC) at the University of Law, Bristol.
Prior to joining the firm, Christa worked at a major international law firm as a paralegal. She assisted with a variety of commercial disputes and non-contentious regulatory and environmental advice as well as insurance claims relating to subsidence and damaged property.
In addition to her role at Michelmores, Christa is a professional ambassador for Aspiring Solicitors – an organisation which aims to promote diversity and equality in the legal profession. Christa is also a member of the CSR Committee at Michelmores.
Before moving to the UK in 2011 Christa sailed for the Austrian National Sailing Team and gained two Sportsperson of the Year Awards for the Woman Sailing Category. Some highlights of sailing competitively include participating in large scale competitions such as European and World Championships.
- Assisting with a breach of contract claim (with a value of over £23 million) against an individual in a high profile, reported case on behalf of a UK government agency
- Dealing with international debt recovery disputes for a major US Satellite Communications company where the assets are based offshore
- Assisting with arbitration in relation to construction of contract involving both public and private sector clients
- Assisting with the defending of defamation injunctions
- Assisting with the review of and response to an objection to an application to invalidate a registered community design right.
Regulatory, Energy & Environment:
- Advising on and defending H&S investigations and enforcement action for breaches of H&S and marine regulations
- Advising on cosmetic product labelling matters for a large international company looking to introduce a product into the UK market
- Assisting with the successful defending of a Corporate Manslaughter and H&S prosecution on behalf of a Landed Estate
- Advising on regulatory and commercial matters in the aviation industry
- advising on and preparing a Statutory Challenge to a Tree Preservation Order
- defending criminal Statutory Nuisance prosecution relating to Wind Turbines
- advising a Rugby team on the competition and contract law matters in respect of the Heineken Cup.