"Thank you Christa, for the efficiency with which you have handled this matter for us. Your attention to detail and your clear advice made my life very easy, as has the way that you have kept the matter moving forwards."
Christa is a Newly Qualified Solicitor in the Commercial Regulatory & Disputes team in Bristol. She joined Michelmores in 2016 as a trainee Solicitor, and had previous seats in the Litigation & Regulatory Disputes and Planning & Environment teams.
Christa completed her degree at the University of Plymouth and later obtained her LPC at the University of Law, Bristol. Christa also studied at the Johannes Keppler Universitaet Linz, Austria – Law (First Year of Magister Rechtswissenschaften/Law).
Prior to joining the firm, Christa worked at Bond Dickinson as a paralegal in the Onshore department. Christa also completed a three month secondment in the Property Risk department, where she assisted in running files relating to insurance claims such as subsidence and damaged property or injuries which resulted from faulty products.
In addition to her role at Michelmores, Christa is a professional ambassador for Aspiring Solicitors – an organisation which aims to promote diversity and equality in the legal profession.
Before moving to the UK in 2011 Christa sailed for the Austrian National Sailing Team and gained two Sportsperson of the Year Awards for the Woman Sailing Category. Some highlights of sailing competitively include participating in large scale competitions such as European and World Championships.
- Drafting, negotiating and assisting with the preparation of Planning Agreements and varying them
- Drafting, negotiating and assisting with the preparation of various Infrastructure and Highways Agreements
- Advising on Environmental matters such as Tree Preservation Orders, Environmental Permitting and matters relating to Wind Turbines
- Researching and advising on various matters in respect of the Community Infrastructure Levy
- Advising on and preparing a Statutory Challenge to a Tree Preservation Order
- Assisting with the preparation and drafting of Court documents in respect of defending a Statutory Nuisance prosecution and attending the hearing in the Magistrates Court
- Assisting with the preparation and finalisation of Public Path Diversion Orders
- Drafting, negotiating and assisting with the preparation of the grant of a Licence and Indemnity Covenant
- Researching and advising on permitted development and Certificates of Lawful Existing Use or Development
- Drafting and assisting with the preparation of planning statements for various matters including those to Appeal the Refusal of Planning Permission