Chris a Senior Associate in the Corporate Team based in our Bristol office and working across the firm's Bristol, Exeter and London offices. He advises on a range of corporate matters across various sectors for UK and international clients.
Having been raised in the South-West of England, Chris studied law and history at Swansea University before completing his Legal Practice Course at University of West of England, Bristol. He was admitted as a Solicitor of England & Wales in 2014, before joining Michelmores in 2022, having spent the previous eight years working in Jersey (Channel Islands) at leading offshore law firm Appleby.
Outside of work, Chris enjoys a number of sports, both viewing and participating and trying (when not injured) to maintain his personal fitness. Furthermore, Chris enjoys keeping up-to-date with current affairs and exploring new places both in the South-West and further afield.
Advising UK and international clients on a wide range of cross jurisdictional, high-value and complex corporate and commercial matters including mergers and acquisitions, investment and real estate structuring, fund formation and regulatory requirements, private equity debt and equity structuring and corporate finance related matters, including:
- assisting with the acquisition and subsequent group reorganisation of a highly regarded Channel Islands fiduciary services provider by an independent global provider of fund, corporate and private wealth services;
- advising in respect of the Jersey elements of the acquisition of a majority shareholding in a Premier League football club by a sports investment arm of leading US investment management firm;
- aiding a global leading real estate private equity group on the sale of their logistics and warehouse business. The transaction involved 21 European jurisdictions and is believed to be one of the largest real estate transactions on record, with a consideration value of approximately EUR12.25billion;
- assisting the Jersey procedural requirements in relation to the migration of 13 Jersey real estate holding private limited companies incorporated in the jurisdiction, migrating to The Grand Duchy of Luxembourg on a time sensitive basis in order to streamline the management of the client’s wider group in which the 13 entities sat; and
- acting as listing agent and sponsor to multiple private equity houses and their underlying portfolio entities in relation to the listing of debt securities on The International Stock Exchange and post-listing guidance in relation to the continuing obligation rules of The International Stock Exchange.