"He is clear, deliberate and thinks properly about things."
Chambers and Partners 2021
"Chris Hoar and Catherine Davies provide a fantastic service to us, understand what we need as a client and advise us accordingly."
Legal 500 2021
"An outstanding litigator who gets to the heart of matters and sorts things out."
Chambers and Partners 2020
"Chris Hoar is diligent and straightforward in his communication with clients"
Legal 500 2020
"Resourceful and knowledgeable."
- Chris has recently acted for a large U.S. contractor in ICC arbitration proceedings arising from a construction project undertaken in Israel. The matter was successfully resolved following a mediation process in New York City.
- Chris has advised a number of NHS Trusts and Foundation Trusts on issues arising out of the procurement of significant capital projects. This has included advice to a Trust on construction issues arising out of one of the largest NHS projects currently being built in South East England. Chris is also continuing to provide advice on potential claims arising out of the design and construction of a specialist pharmaceutical facility at a large regional hospital in the South West
- Chris is currently advising an English police force on disputes arising from the design and procurement of a significant storage facility.
- Chris has provided extensive advice on a range of issues arising both procurement and post-procurement to one of the country’s largest solar park developers.
- In addition to his experience in the solar sector, Chris has provided extensive advice in respect of issues arising in relation to three large energy from waste facilities.
- Chris also has particular experience on issues relating to the development and subsequent operation of gas peaker facilities.
- Chris has been heavily involved on the provision of comprehensive advice both procurement and post-procurement on one of the largest residential schemes in the South West built on former MOD land in Plymouth.
- Chris has been involved in the development of a large international hotel project on the outskirts of Exeter.