"He is tenacious, professional and gets results."
"He is very responsive and understands our business. He's very pragmatic and also an excellent litigator."
“very reliable and knowledgeable”
Chris is Head of Construction and Engineering and Team Leader for Specialist Real Estate (SPREE).
He trained at Allen & Overy and practised in London and Hong Kong before moving to the South West in 2009. He joined Michelmores in 2016.
Chris is recognised as one of the South West’s leading construction lawyers and over the last 20 years has advised clients on some of the largest infrastructure projects, both in a domestic and international context. He advises clients across the supply chain on procurement strategy, building and engineering contracts, framework agreements and construction finance documents. In addition to his transactional experience, Chris is recognised for his stellar disputes practice and he has experience in all forms of construction dispute resolution including arbitration and adjudication.
He holds the highly respected MSc. in Construction Law from King’s College London and is a member of the Society of Construction Law, the Technology and Construction Solicitors Association and the Adjudication Society.
- Chris has provided extensive advice on a range of issues arising both procurement and post-procurement to one of the country’s largest solar park developers.
- In addition to his experience in the solar sector, Chris has provided extensive advice in respect of the construction management aspects of two large energy from waste facilities in Exeter and Speyside, Scotland.
- Chris has been heavily involved on the provision of comprehensive advice both procurement and post-procurement on one of the largest residential schemes in the south west built on former MOD land in Plymouth.
- Chris has worked on a number of significant capital projects in the education sector including a large new build academy project and the construction and development of the country’s first federated school on the Isles of Scilly.
- Chris has provided and assistance on post-procurement issues relating to the development of the largest healthcare project currently being undertaken on the Channel Islands.
- Chris was involved in one of the most important Technology and Construction Court cases of 2015 relating to the creation and enforceability of a final account settlement agreement.