Ash Das is a Partner in the Banking, Restructuring and Insolvency teams. He divides his time between the Bristol and London offices.
Ash has over 20 years' experience advising borrowers and lenders across a broad range of transactions, domestically and internationally, particularly in the transportation and energy industries and in emerging markets including South and South East Asia.
Ash's work ranges from advising on the development of transport and energy infrastructure, to more general banking transactions, and the leasing and financing of high value mobile assets such as aircraft, rolling stock and heavy equipment.
Ash began his career in London with Clifford Chance. He spent six years with Freshfields Bruckhaus Derringer in both Singapore and London, before taking a partnership position with Stephenson Harwood, where he worked for eight years in the Banking group.
Ash's clients include major development finance institutions, major commercial banks, lessors and well-known international airlines.
- Advising the Lenders in relation to the financing of a 40MW gas fired power generation facility in Medoza, Argentina
- Advising the developer in relation to the £50m ground works financing for the development of one of the largest residential towers in Western Europe on the Isle of Dogs
- Advising the borrower in relation to the secured financing of high value residential property in Mayfair, London
- Advising various parties on and negotiating the terms of ISDA interest rate swaps
- Advising a major international leasing company in relation to lease financing of multiple aircraft engines to an Asian flag carrier airline
- Advising a US Pension Fund in relation to its first ever aircraft sale and leaseback transaction with a UK-based airline and in relation to the acquisition of a large portfolio of aircraft from an Irish lessor
- Advising the senior lender in relation to intercreditor and security issues relating to the financing of Premier League football stadia
- Advising the project sponsors in relation to the supply of innovative gasification technology for a waste-to-energy biogas power plant in Vancouver, Canada
- Advising lenders and purchasers in relation to various aspects of the ownership, financing and operation of a number of business jets