Alice is a Partner in the Litigation & Regulatory Disputes team and a member of the International Trust Advisory Group.
She regularly advises trustees and beneficiaries on disputes relating to off-shore trusts, the administration of estates and cases involving professional negligence.
In her commercial practice, she advises on a range of commercial disputes and specialises in cases involving complex fraud, assisting clients to progress their investigations and navigate the risks of investigating and tracing the recovery of assets. This work often involves urgent interim remedies such as asset freezing injunctions and disclosure orders. She also has experience of cross-border enforcement in European and African countries.
Alice was described in Chambers and Partners 2020 as an Associate to Watch and was named as a key lawyer in the London Contentious Trusts & Probate team by the Legal 500.
In her spare time, Alice enjoys exploring the coast, the moors and wild swimming.
- Successfully bringing a claim for rectification of a defective deed in the High Court on behalf of trustees of a significant landed estate.
- Advising a minor beneficiary, through a litigation friend, on a complex disputed estate with proceedings in multiple jurisdictions.
- Defending a multi-million pound tracing claim into an offshore trust, on behalf of a beneficiary, leading to a settlement of proceedings.
- Acting for a national company against an employee who had engaged in a complex fraud spanning many years to secure an asset freezing injunction and various disclosure orders against the individual's bank accounts.
- Representing an international Claimant in respect of large partnership dispute, involving significant disclosure in a foreign jurisdiction.
- Assisting a household name company with a multi-million pound turnover in defending a case in the High Court for alleged misuse of one of their competitor's confidential information. This case has involved instructing a forensic IT expert on complex disclosure issues.