Why use a Solicitors for the Elderly (SFE) accredited lawyer?
The decisions and plans that we make later in life can often have a huge impact on individuals and their families – therefore getting the right arrangements in place is essential.
SFE accredited lawyers are experts in older client law including wills and estate planning, capacity issues and funding for care.
There are a number of reasons why SFE accredited lawyers are well placed to ensure that older or vulnerable individuals get the best possible legal advice for their future.
SFE Accredited members:-
- Know their stuff. They are qualified solicitors, barristers and legal executives who specialise in advising older and vulnerable people and their families and carers.
- Have substantial experience built up over many years of focussing on this area of law.
- Have undertaken specialist training in older client law to qualify for the Older Client Care in Practice Award, which is independently accredited.
- Understand the issues affecting older and vulnerable clients and follow a strict code of practice that has respect and dignity at its heart.
- Communicate in clear straightforward language to make sure you understand. No legal jargon!.
- Are part of a community of experts who can draw on each other's experience, so no matter how complex or sensitive the case, they can provide the best possible legal advice.
- Safeguard the individual's interests by providing affordable, high quality legal advice and ensure that any decisions are the individual's own.
- Understand the wider, and often sensitive, issues around health, care and family that might affect plans for later life.
- Offer the best possible care and support by going above and beyond to tailor advice to the individual's needs and specific circumstances.
- Achieve the best possible outcome by providing guidance through this complex and sensitive area of law so that solid foundations can be laid to protect the individual and their loved ones in later life.
If you or a relative would benefit from advice from an SFE Accredited lawyer, please look out for the SFE Accreditation badge.
For information on issues relating to older client law, please contact Sarah Hargreaves who is Michelmores' SFE Accredited lawyer and a Senior Associate and Head of Mental Capacity (firstname.lastname@example.org) or 01392 687439.