What do you need to tell the EFA?

What do you need to do?

The Financial Handbook sets out notification requirements that all Academy Trusts must follow.

As a Trust, you must inform the EFA when any of the following positions are filled or vacated:

  • member;
  • trustee;
  • local governor;
  • chair of trustees;
  • chair of local governing bodies;
  • accounting officer;
  • chief financial officer.

How do you tell the EFA of the change?

You must fill out this information on EduBase (in the Governance section) within 14 days of the change.

What happens if you don't tell the EFA of the change?

If you don't notify the EFA, they can carry out necessary investigations to collect the information, and recover the money spent on this from the Trust itself.

If you require any further information please do not hesitate to contact Russell Holland on russell.holland@michelmores.com or 01179 069323 or Charlotte Antoniou on charlotte.antoniou@michelmores.com or 020 7659 4654.