EU Public Procurement
We advise a wide range of public authorities and private sector clients (including prime contractors and consortiums) on all aspects of the EU public procurement regime, procurement strategy and process. We provide pragmatic and commercial advice to an increasing number of central government bodies, local authorities and education clients designed to meet their needs efficiently and optimise the procurement outcomes whilst minimising their exposure to procurement law risks.
Our specialist advisers are up to speed on the fast evolving legal framework, and the team is able to advise on non-contentious and contentious matters, including challenges brought by aggrieved bidders and defences to actions.
Our team has considerable experience advising on complex and innovative procurements, as well as simpler procurement processes, failed procedures, framework agreements, concessions, in-house contract awards and e-procurements.
We regularly provide bespoke training and seminars to our clients on all aspects of the EU public procurement rules. The procurement team works closely with the Projects Team and other specialist teams across the firm.
- Public Procurement: A settlement under an existing public contract could result in the complete re-tendering of the contract
- Schools urged to review school uniform policies
- The Public Contracts Regulations 2015
- The Alcatel standstill period: a silver bullet for contracting authorities?
- DWF's procurement challenge
Get in touch
- Procurement through the Competitive Dialogue procedure of a £100m+ plus student residences project relating to the design, build, finance and operation of 1,000 student residences on a greenfield/farmyard site at Aberystwyth University. Advice on the form of procurement documentation, as well as on funding, governance and procedural issues. Assisting with the final tender evaluation process.
- Advising Surrey County Council ("SCC") on the procurement, under Competitive Dialogue, of Surrey's Public Sector Network for WAN, LAN and/or Voice Communications services (called "UNICORN"), which will be made available to public sector organisations in Surrey, Berkshire and the immediate proximity. Working with SCC and its external communications consultants to draft a full range of procurement documentation for a Competitive Dialogue procurement, attending competitive dialogue meetings with bidders, and advising on contractual and regulatory issues.
- Providing a full range of EU public procurement advice to Teignbridge District Council in relation to a large regeneration project in Teignmouth, Devon.
- Assisting with all aspects of the competitive dialogue procurement of a strategic materials recycling facility project, including assisting with drafting the procurement documentation and assisting with the dialogue sessions. Further assistance with drafting the relevant award criteria, sub-criteria and weightings, together with the evaluation methodology.