Commerce lies at the heart of the economy. Our Commercial team has a great depth of experience, advising on the full range of commercial arrangements. We work with our clients to ensure that they are able to maximise their business opportunities while ensuring that risks are allocated appropriately. We provide specialist advice in a clear and efficient manner.
Our expertise extends to consumer protection law issues, including distance selling and e-commerce considerations, and financial services regulation.
We work with clients and their in-house legal teams, operating at a local, national and international level assisting them with their day-to-day legal needs, as well as complex, large-scale projects.
Where appropriate, we work alongside colleagues in our specialist TMC (Technology, Media and Communications), corporate and banking teams. We also have specialists who focus on the Food & Drink, Manufacturing, Agriculture and Renewable Energy sectors.
- Michelmores advise Partner Retail Services (PRS) on Experience Store partnership
- Limited Liability Partnerships: Salaried Member rules
- High Court upholds clause referring renegotiation of a licence agreement to arbitration
- English Commercial Court upholds asymmetric jurisdiction clauses
- International brands seeing more success in China's IP Courts
- Commercial - looking ahead to 2017
- Linking is infringing
- Banker bonuses – uncertainty ahead for employees?
- The benefits of the IPEC
- High Court permits recovery of third party funding costs
- Michelmores welcomes CMA campaign
- Specsavers see success at IPO
- Protected UK food names post-Brexit
- Brexit: Impact on Cross Border Disputes
- Michelmores LLP continues to help the Met Police
- 3D trade mark application given the brush-off
- UPDATE - UK Consumer Rights Act 2015
- High Court stubs out tobacco companies’ claims
- Limited guidance published by UK Intellectual Property Office
- Linking is not infringing
- Consumer Rights Act 2015 - transport sectors
- ICO changes to its direct marketing guidance
- Changes afoot for trade mark names
- Impact of the Competition Powers
- Part 36 - the importance of offering settlement
- Legal aid agency: right of recovery from solicitors
- POCA success for the FCA
- A change to the rules on Penalty Clauses
- The cost of market manipulation
- Making an application to the Financial Conduct Authority
- What constitutes a defective product?
- A Guide to the Consumer Rights Act 2015 – The Changes You Need To Know
- Guide to the Consumer Rights Act 2015, Part 4 - Supplying Digital Content
- Guide to the Consumer Rights Act 2015, Part 3 – Selling Services
- Guide to the Consumer Rights Act 2015, Part 2 – Selling Goods
- Guide to the Consumer Rights Act 2015, Part 1 - Unfair Terms
- Chartered Institute of Arbitrators - 'London Principles'
- LCIA publishes guidance on 2014 Rules
- Ecobank v Tanoh – applications to restrain proceedings brought in breach of a jurisdiction or arbitration agreement must be brought promptly
- Supreme People's Court China announce ruling on CIETAC
- English court removes arbitrator for lack of impartiality
- LCIA – New Rules
- Malicious or fictitious: hope for victims of false online reviews?
- All publicity is not good publicity: how to handle negative online reviews
- Good faith in contracts
- Confidential information − avoiding the risks
- Can you enforce your judgment or award?
- Court fees set to increase
- Good faith duties in English commercial contracts – a changing position?
- Lidl loses out on trade mark luxury
- Michelmores tops the league table for South West corporate deals over the last five years
- Breach of the duty of confidentiality
- Saying Those Three Little Words…
- The Late Payment of Commercial Debts Regulations 2013
- Advising a national car hire business on its brand licencing arrangements.
- Advising a UK airport group on its concession arrangements, including for car rentals, foreign exchange, catering and retail activities.
- Advising AIM-listed specialist publisher on its day-to-day commercial contract requirements, including key partnering arrangements with major car makers and merchandising agreements.
- Advising leading European value-added data supplier, in relation to its commercial contract requirements, liaising with in-house legal team. Emphasis on data licensing contracts and reseller agreements; personnel visit and work from the client’s offices at least once a week.
- Advising a ‘Top 5’ listed global toy brand on all of its European commercial contract needs, including reviewing and advising on terms and conditions of supply, licensing deals and manufacturing arrangements.
- Advising UK-based infant safe sleep company, on key commercial contracts with emphasis on overseas sales and partnering relationships.
- Advising prominent farming / outdoor retailer on the launch of a range of white-labelled consumer and business insurance products.
- Advising UK-based insurance group (owned by a consortium of high-street banks) in relation to its volume commercial contract requirements, liaising with in-house legal team.
- Advising a FTSE listed European and national company on the replacement and renegotiation of several agreements in connection with its online presence including app-development, payment processing, acquiring bank services for cardholder not present transactions, multi-currency payment services and datacentre hosting arrangements.
- Advising noted UK / US based oil and gas service business on negotiating new global supply relationships with Halliburton and Shell.