Renewable Energy is one of the fastest-growing and constantly-challenging sectors to work in.
Our team is rock solid, and packed with expertise and experience, sourced from several disciplines across the Firm.
Our specialist renewable energy solicitors, drawn from our commercial, corporate, banking, environmental, property and planning teams, deliver 'best in class' legal advice on all aspects of the sector. We use our creative energy to give you sustainable solutions.
Our experience, coupled with a commitment to the sector, ensures that the team not only keeps at the forefront of developments in the field, but also actively explores new solutions and opportunities for clients.
We are active members of Renewable UK and Regen SW.
- Michelmores Advise on Transfer of Ownership
- UK Government's Call for Evidence on a smart energy system
- The Rise of Off-Grid Solar Power in Rural Africa
- Energy storage
- High court quash solar farm planning permission
- The Post-Brexit Energy Sector
- Danica Cooper passes MBA with distinction
- Minimum energy efficiency standards
- Drax and Infinis Challenge Climate Change Levy Policy
- Climate Change Levy Changes
- Renewable energy funding
- Renewable Energy team supports Gamma Solutions
- Michelmores acts for Chelwood Community Energy
- Earlier end to onshore wind subsidies announced
- Michelmores acts for Dart Renewables on bond issue
- Is big solar approaching grid parity in the UK?
- Michelmores acts for TLS Hydro Power on first bond issue
- Making light out of loss - Brian Garner is featured in Private Client Adviser
- Michelmores acts for Clinton Devon Estates on a 1.2 and 4.9 MW solar PV farm
- Michelmores advises on DFI investment
- Michelmores advises Bamboo Finance on investment into emerging markets clean energy start-up
- Michelmores acts for Gamma Solutions on sale of 9.5MW Wilton Solar Farm
- Are you ready for the minimum energy efficiency standard in your commercial properties?
- Government boosts funding for less established renewable technologies as auctions for CfD contracts commences
- Michelmores acts for Gamma Solutions on a 12.4 MW solar PV farm
- Michelmores acts for Downing LLP
- Michelmores acts for Triodos Renewables plc on its 2014 Share Issue
- Renewable Energy Projects and Inheritance Tax
- The Money Making Overhead
- Renewable Energy Opportunities in the Land and Agricultural Sectors
- Fracking: the Facts
- Legal easements for renewables: there is a second option
- Energy Bill Receives Royal Assent
- Acting for St Modwen on its participation in the large-scale biomass generation facility and associated district heating system serving Cranbrook new community and Skypark.
- Acting for British Solar Renewables on the UK’s first fully-listed solar bond issue (£40m), the first joint venture hub arrangement in Dorset connecting 2 solar farms and a biomass plant under section 22 of the Electricity Act, and various large-scale ground-mounted schemes, including Owls Hatch and Bradenstoke solar farms.
- Acting for Mole Valley Farmers on its joint venture Farmers Power Station to offer renewable energy solutions to its clients.
- Advising Finnvest in respect of an investment in certified emissions reductions (CER) to support a biomass project in Thailand.
- Acting for Veolia Water Systems on a large-scale AD project.
- Acting for the Llechwedd Consortium on a significant onshore wind farm in North Wales, including the joint venture arrangements.
- Acting for a brewery and for a landowner on two separate hydro schemes on major UK rivers.
- Acting for Storm Energy GmbH on its acquisition of solar assets in the UK.
- Acting for Gamma Solutions S.L. on its acquisitions and subsequent disposals of 12.4 MW Chisbon solar farm and 9.5MW Wilton solar farm, and the more recent acquisition of Priors Byne and Sowerby Lodge solar farms.
- Acting for Triodos Renewables plc on its 2014 Share Issue to further develop its on-shore wind portfolio.
- Acting for Dart Renewables and for TLS Hydro on their bond issues to further develop their respective hydro projects.
- Acting for Downing LLP on financing a number of large-scale ground-mounted solar farms and an anaerobic digestion facility.
- Acting for Clinton Devon Estates on its 2.1MW and 4.9MW solar farms.