"Highly capable in all areas of insolvency law."
Legal 500 2016
"He provides well-considered advice and is highly commercial"
"Very enthusiastic and very cost-effective."
"Very safe pair of hands and a very sound practitioner"
"Well rehearsed in bank finance structuring."
Legal 500 2013
Sacha is a Partner in the Banking & Restructuring team.
He has nearly 15 years' experience as a specialist banking, insolvency and restructuring Solicitor.
Sacha deals with all types of restructuring and insolvency issues, including business and asset sales by office holders, antecedent transaction advice and recovery, and all aspects of appointment holders' duties, powers and responsibilities.
Sacha advises on the full range of insolvency procedures from administrations through to personal bankruptcy, and advises both insolvency practitioners and directors, companies and other stakeholders.
Although Sacha has a predominantly corporate background, he is also fully conversant with the full range of personal insolvency issues including IVAs and bankruptcy recovery.
Sacha has advised office holders generally (including KPMG, PwC, BDO, Francis Clark, and Bishop Fleming) in relation to many other matters including business and asset sales including by way of pre-pack; realisations by trustees in bankruptcy; directors' duties; extensions and exits from administrations; recovery of significant and complex book debts; and misfeasance proceedings against directors.
- Advising the liquidator of Dartmoor Zoological Park, the subject of 'We Bought a Zoo' by Benjamin Mee, a Channel 4 documentary and Hollywood movie staring Matt Damon and Scarlett Johannson.
- Conflict advice to the administrators of Faith Shoes in relation to a discrete retention of title issue.
- Advising Begbies Traynor, the administrators of JAG Communications Limited, at one time the 3rd largest mobile phone retail outlet in the UK.
- Advising Grant Thornton, the administrators of a £1m care home on the continued trading and subsequent sale of the property and business. The advice included specialist care home sector based advice.
- Advising the purchasers of a major van hire business with a fleet of over 300 vehicles, involving some complex issues relating to retention of title and asset finance.
- Advising numerous individuals with the £multi million debts based overseas in relation to English bankruptcy and IVA procedures.