"Praised by clients for his timely, strategic advice, detailed feedback and sensible decision-making."
Chambers and Partners 2013
Jonathan is a partner in the Commercial & Regulatory Disputes team.
He has over 10 years of experience dealing with contractual claims, boardroom or shareholder disputes, injunctive relief and professional negligence via mediation, the high court and international arbitration.
He has particular expertise in finance and investment matters - advising investors and intermediaries on investment performance, product suitability, fiduciary duties or misconduct. Jonathan's work often stems from regulatory intervention by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and extends to dealing with the Financial Ombudsman Service and the Financial Services Compensation Scheme.
- Advising firms regulated by the FCA in relation to commercial disputes, complaints, past business reviews, insurance coverage, misconduct and regulatory or enforcement action
- Advising on disputes involving complex financial products including structured or leveraged investments, tax schemes (including applications to set aside or rectify trust deeds), interest rate hedging products and collective investment schemes
- Acting for investment funds in relation to breaches of duty by those acting in a fiduciary or trustee capacity including their removal, obtaining an account of trust property and pursuing firms or individuals responsible for lost capital and returns
- Securing control of a US holding company by way of interim injunctive relief to prevent the directors of the US company from dealing with its shares, or the shares of its UK subsidiaries, before obtaining summary judgment ordering specific performance of a share transfer agreement
- Conducting an international arbitration in Dubai under the Dubai International Arbitration Centre (DIAC) rules including the defence of an application to nullify an award in our client's favour and successful ratification of that award in the Dubai Courts of First Instance and Appeal