Brian is a Partner in the Construction team.
He joined Michelmores in 2013 from Trowers & Hamlins, and specialises in all aspects of Construction, Engineering and Procurement law.
He has particular knowledge and experience of construction and services procurement, and acts for government departments, agencies, NHS trusts, education bodies and other public sector organisations and private sector companies.
Brian is dual-qualified, being admitted to practice law in Hong Kong, where he lived and worked for 10 years, before returning home to the West country. Prior to qualifying as a Solicitor, Brian worked as a consulting engineer for Halcrow & Soletanche Bachy.
Brian is a keen sportsman, with one of his passions being long-distance rowing, and has taken part in the Eddystone Challenge, a 7 hour open-water row.
- Advising a Southern England Hospital NHS Trust for its ongoing procurement under the 3Ts Redevelopment Programme using Procure21. The advice focused on the cost model arrangements under the NEC3 form of contract to allow best value to be achieved through the life cycle of the programme.
- Retained by this cement company JV to advise on all project documentation for the set-up of cement works located in South West England using EPC arrangements with an Italian and UK contractor.
- UK Energy Company. Advice on bespoke amendments and supporting construction documentation to a UK energy company for their development of a site in the West Midlands.
- Retained by Barratt Homes for the ongoing regeneration of North Prospect in Plymouth, the scheme will see over a thousand homes with associated community facilities built over a ten year period and is one of the largest regeneration projects in the South West.
- Retained by LUPC members on various ongoing refurbishment and new build projects under their estate management programmes. Projects include direct engagement and two stage call off procurements using national construction frameworks to achieve the delivery programme envisaged by the institutions.
- AgDevCo - Providing advice on the procurement of contractors using EPC arrangements in Ghana. The work centred primarily on irrigation and hydro works for a number of sites with instructing officers being based in London, Ghana and South Africa.