Holiday & Home Parks
The Michelmores Holiday and Home Parks Team has a clear understanding of the specific issues facing holiday and home park owners. We have experience of representing holiday and home parks across the UK, both large and small.
We provide a full range of legal services to support your business, helping you to:
- make the most of commercial opportunities
- minimise the effect of debt and disputes
- manage your employment obligations
- keep on top of issues relating to the management and use of your land and property
- explore renewable energy opportunities
We can advise on all issues relating to your land and property, including the sale and purchase of property and development opportunities. We also regularly advise on planning issues ranging from planning applications and enforcement issues to certificates of lawfulness and planning appeals.
We offer proactive and commercial advice on areas including the employment of casual, seasonal and part-time workers and drafting contracts of employment. We also provide you with information on the latest employment legislation and how it affects your business.
Corporate and commercial advice
We will guide your business through the most important stages of its development and operation, including drafting commercial contracts and advising on the sale and purchase of holiday parks. We also advise on investment and shareholding arrangements, banking, finance and refinance arrangements.
Disputes and debt recovery
Our commercial dispute resolution team has a wealth of experience in the holiday and home park sector, and handles a wide range of disputes. We also offer a proactive and efficient debt recovery service that includes recovering pitch fees for our holiday and home park clients. We can also advise you on credit control, review your payment terms and suggest practical changes to your own systems to recover debts more effectively.
With specialist experience in this developing sector, we can advise you on the legal issues relating to renewable energy. We deal with all areas including funding, planning, grid connections and commercial arrangements. Our expertise covers all forms of renewable energy, including solar and wind.
- Advising on the share sale of a South West caravan and camping park to a large holiday park operator.
- Advising on the sale of a large South West based holiday park group to a private equity company.
- Advising on the corporate restructuring of a home park and negotiating and drafting of senior management contracts of employment.
- Acting for a major South West holiday park in relation to a negligence claim against an architect in respect of high value swimming pool defects. A good result was achieved using mediation.
- Advising on the acquisition of various sites for a North Devon timber lodge park development.
- Advising a large holiday park provider on the recovery of pitch fee arrears.
- Acting for one of the UK's leading holiday parks in a dispute with one of its marketing affiliates. The case involved successfully obtaining a freezing injunction through the High Court to prevent the affiliate moving assets out of the jurisdiction.
- Advising a South West based family run touring park on various matters including employment law advice, corporate restructuring, asset purchases and general litigation matters.
- Advising and representing on a planning appeal in relation to the provision of log cabins on a golf course.
- Advising on a certificate of lawfulness for an owner of a static caravan site.